The Volunteer Centre – Chesterfield & NE Derbyshire is committed to supporting, enabling and celebrating volunteering in all its diversity. We do this by:
– Collating and publicising volunteering opportunities
– Supporting volunteers to make informed choices
– Providing training and support for voluntary organisations
– Promoting good practice and other quality issues
– Developing new volunteering initiatives
Publicity and outreach work is carried out at venues in the Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire area as we make our service accessible to everyone. We provide extra support to those volunteers who need it for whatever reason and ensure our service is accessible for people with disabilities.
We are working to recognised quality standards and an equal opportunities policy underpins all our work.
In these enormously challenging times, we believe that volunteering is integral to delivering and supporting a diverse range of services and activities that enrich and support communities. Volunteering builds community capacity and helps to create cohesive, resilient communities that are better able to meet the social and economic challenges they face.