VOLUNTEERS URGENTLY NEEDED:
We are urgently looking for volunteers to provide shopping services for the isolated and elderly who cannot leave the house. Undertaking deliveries will require a valid DBS, but there’s still plenty to do if you don’t have this. We hardly need say this is to help the most vulnerable through the Coronavirus situation; although you’re welcome to stay on when it’s resolved. If you can help, please let us know as soon as possible on 01246 276 777, email firstname.lastname@example.org or social media.
- The country is now on lockdown. BUT without doubt The Volunteer Centre is an essential service AND WE ARE STILL OPEN. That said, we ask you NOT to call in person but to contact us by telephone (01246 276 777), email email@example.com or social media instead.
- We are operating a crisis shopping and delivery service. This is not a general grocery service such as those provided by Tesco, but is offered to those who are poorly, housebound or isolated. This is free of charge, excepting the cost of the shopping.
- Thank you for treating all Volunteer Centre staff and volunteers with politeness and respect. We are under no obligation to provide support to anyone who doesn’t follow this reasonable request.
- The Thursday Elderfriends clubs are postponed until further notice. This is in order to protect all from infection.
- It is now official Government policy that volunteers do not to enter the homes of clients, even if you are their designated befriender. Telephone befriending is a safe and viable alternative.
The Volunteer Centre
This page will be updated as more information is received.