Help for Heroes
Wherever you live, whatever your interests and no matter how much time you have to offer us, there are loads of ways to volunteer for Help for Heroes.
We need volunteers to:
- Give talks to presentations to schools and businesses.
- Look after and find places for H4H collection tins.
- Assist with or run your own H4H merchandise stall.
- Volunteer at exciting events such as crufts and Tough Mudder etc..
- Take part in a collection weekend at Asda, Debenhams or Moto.
- Run your own baking, cooking or BBQ event.
- Spread the H4H message in your local community with promotional items that we can provide.
- Pick up a cheque from a local fundraiser and pose for a quick photo.
- Support our mobile retail team as they travel to shows around the country.
- Support our street collections by smiling and holding a bucket.
- Become Hero Bear for the day and make hundreds of adults and children smile.
Anyone can become part of our local volunteer team. You don’t need experience – all we ask is for you to be committed, passionate and enthusiastic in support of all the wonderful events and fundraising you choose to get involved with.
After an initial period as a General Volunteer, you will become a Local Volunteer and then you will be able to claim travel and food expenses. You will also be invited to ‘meet the team’ days at a Recovery Centre and regular meetings/conferences. Anyone over the age of 16 is welcome to come and help.